Lil Wayne is on his way out of the rap game. He’s been rapping since he was a child, and now with a few top-selling albums under his belt, maybe it is time to hang up the mic.
The Young Money star announced his retirement in an interview with MTV News, possibly breaking a drove of fans’ hearts, but in all honesty walking away while you’re on top isn’t such a bad thing. Rapping has been good to Weezy. It’s turned him into a multi-millionaire, allotted him privileges that the common man could only dream of, landed him in the Guinness Book of World Records, and added a bunch of Grammys to his trophy case.
But from what we’ve seen Wayne doesn’t ever really slow down. After being released from prison he went straight into recording dropping one new project after another, not to mention touring, and all the songs he’s been featured on. All that hard work (and maybe something else?) took its toll on the 30-year-old when a health scare forced him to rest up, and allegedly start taking anti-seizure medication.
Because we care about Weezy F. Baby, Hip-Hop Wired has compiled a list of things he can do with all that extra time on his hands. He already lives in Florida—aka the retirement capital of the universe—so the journey is partially complete.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• 5 Reasons Why Rihanna Is Happiest With Chris Brown In Her Life [PHOTOS]
• Pump It Up: 10 Rap Songs That Accidentally Turned Into Sports Anthems
• 8 Things You Need To Know About Wiz Khalifa’s O.N.I.F.C.
• Guitar Hero: 10 Interesting Facts About Jimi Hendrix [PHOTOS]
• Katt Williams Leads Officers On A Chase In A Can Am Motorcycle [PHOTOS]
• 11 Things We Learned From Nicki Minaj’s My Truth [PHOTOS]
• Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Diddy, Scott Disick & More Celebrate DJ Khaled’s Birthday In LIV Nightclub [PHOTOS]
• Beyoncé Shares New Shots Of Blue Ivy, Jay-Z [PHOTOS]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11Next page »